Dump Truck Insurance
Get A Free Instant Quote
Or call us now at 888-353-AXLE (2953)
Dump truck insurance is just what the name says. Due to the size of dump trucks and the heavy loads that they commonly carry, and the great amount of damage that they can therefore cause in a collision, specialized insurance is required.
High Limits Recommended
A load of, let’s say, gravel in a 10-wheeler weighs a lot. If you hit another vehicle, even at low speed, you are almost certain to cause significant damage. Dump trucks are also more susceptible to rollovers than most vehicles due to their high center of gravity, and even if you don’t hit something with the load of gravel in a rollover, the cleanup operation will cost. The limit on your primary trucker’s liability policy (see separate article on this subject) should be rock-bottom minimum $1 million.
In addition to liability coverage, you’ll want coverage for:
- Collision — covers your truck for collision with another vehicle or stationary object and for rollovers.
- Comprehensive — covers your truck for fire, theft, vandalism.
- Cargo – covers the cargo logs you are hauling from both theft and damage (see separate article on cargo insurance). If you haul strictly low-value products such as gravel you might not need high limits for this coverage.
- Property damage — covers you for damage to other persons’ property for which you are held responsible.
- Medical payments (medpay) — covers your and your passengers’ medical payments for injuries suffered while you are driving your truck.
- Chain, tarp, and binder coverage — (if relevant) covers these items for fire, theft, vandalism, and damage suffered in a collision or rollover.
- Towing & storage — covers towing & storage for truck and any equipment that has been damaged.
- Debris removal — covers costs of removing spilled cargo from the road after a collision or rollover.
- Downtime — covers you for up to $100 per day for up to 30 days if you are unable to work due to damage to your truck.
- Loan/lease/gap — if you make a small downpayment and have a long-term loan and then, shortly after you buy your truck, it is stolen or totaled, you will likely owe more on the loan than the truck is worth, and thus the payment you receive from your insurer for the loss of the truck will be less than what you owe. Loan/lease/gap insurance covers you for the difference.
Why Axle Trucking Insurance?
A robust support system
Because we work exclusively in trucking insurance, we know the industry inside and out.
Wide Network of Contacts
With hundreds of options at our finger-tips, you'll get an affordable plan that's perfect for you.
Instant Certificates of Insurance
Our online software lets you create, download and send certificates of insurance in less that 30 seconds, 24/7,
We offer financing options that help you hit the road now and pay for your insurance as you go.
What Our Truckers
Have To Say
Nancy was awesome (I'm sure she still is as well). Quick turn-around, and I was able to reach her when I had questions. The policy…Read more
Owner, Franks Villa, LLC
Love love love Axle trucking insurance. I have been in the trucking industry over 8yrs now. The best experience by far with an insurance agency.…Read more
I would highly recommend her for business. I have been dealing with Sonia Alvarez for 2 years and have been very pleased with her customer…Read more
VP-3 Trans Inc