Log Hauler Insurance
Get A Free Instant Quote
Or call us now at 888-353-AXLE (2953)
Insurance for truckers who haul logs is on the expensive side and is not offered by many carriers due to high risk.
High Limits Recommended
As you probably know if you are in the business or considering getting into it, log hauling is more dangerous than most trucking operations. Loads can come loose and trailers can tip over due to a flat tire or a single loose cable. As the job commonly begins in back country on rough roads, such problems are more likely to occur.
If logs get loose, serious damage can result, especially if the logs hit oncoming vehicles. For this reason, high limits are recommended — a minimum of $1 million in liability coverage.
In addition to liability coverage, you’ll want coverage for:
- Collision — covers your truck and trailer for collision with another vehicle or stationary object and for rollovers.
- Comprehensive — covers your truck and trailer for fire, theft, vandalism.
- Cargo – covers the logs you are hauling from both theft and damage from, for example, fire (see separate article on cargo insurance).
- Property damage — covers you for damage to other persons’ property for which you are held responsible.
- Medical payments (medpay) — covers your and your passengers’ medical payments for injuries suffered while you are driving your truck.
- Chain, tarp, and binder coverage — covers these items for fire, theft, vandalism, and damage suffered in a collision or rollover.
- Towing & storage — covers towing & storage for truck, trailer, and equipment that has been damaged.
- Debris removal — covers costs of removing logs from the road collision, rollover, or log-spill.
- Downtime — covers you for up to $100 per day for up to 30 days if you are unable to work due to damage to your truck.
- Loan/lease/gap — if you make a small downpayment and have a long-term loan and then, shortly after you buy your truck, it is stolen or totaled, you will likely owe more on the loan than the truck is worth, and thus the payment you receive from your insurer for the loss of the truck will be less than what you owe. Loan/lease/gap insurance covers you for the difference.
Why Axle Trucking Insurance?
A robust support system
Because we work exclusively in trucking insurance, we know the industry inside and out.
Wide Network of Contacts
With hundreds of options at our finger-tips, you'll get an affordable plan that's perfect for you.
Instant Certificates of Insurance
Our online software lets you create, download and send certificates of insurance in less that 30 seconds, 24/7,
We offer financing options that help you hit the road now and pay for your insurance as you go.
What Our Truckers
Have To Say
Nancy was awesome (I'm sure she still is as well). Quick turn-around, and I was able to reach her when I had questions. The policy…Read more
Owner, Franks Villa, LLC
Love love love Axle trucking insurance. I have been in the trucking industry over 8yrs now. The best experience by far with an insurance agency.…Read more
I would highly recommend her for business. I have been dealing with Sonia Alvarez for 2 years and have been very pleased with her customer…Read more
VP-3 Trans Inc